Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today! I. Job Summary
The Outside Save Specialist is responsible for the timely "in-person" follow-up of unsuccessful (flipped) controllable and uncontrollable save and retention activity from the Inside Account Manager Channel to assure maximum customer retention at the greatest margins The Outside Save Specialist is expected to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- "Saves, secures, and converts" by handling all "flipped" customer cancellation requests in person within 24 hours.
- Works in tandem with Inside Save Specialist or Inside Account Manager to effectively retain at the most desirable margins customers that are assigned to the Inside Channel.
- Validates all uncontrollable cancellation requests through personal visits to location. If valid, provides hunter channel with info to secure new business at the location.
- Actively views slow and bad pay lists to proactively visit and bring to current past due balances.
- Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Updates and secures customer service agreements.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: Three years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement)
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Make Sound Decisions
- Think Strategically
- Proficient with Computer and Software Applications
- Produce Results
- Know the Business
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Use Ethical Practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.