Save Specialist- Residential
Company: Waste Management
Location: Burnsville, Minnesota
Posted: December 19, 2017
Reference ID: 17020457
Save Specialist - Residential
Requisition #: 243593
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Responds same day to controllable and uncontrollable customer cancellation requests assigned to the (Residential) Sales Channel. Through the development and implementation of sound retention strategies and the use of effective negotiation skills minimizes the impact of cancellation request and rate rollbacks. Secures updated contract agreements from customers. Achieve budgeted sales goals by implementing sound retention strategies and utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
• Saves, secures, and converts by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments using sound telephone based negotiation practices.
• Resolves escalations for customer service within the defined territory.
• Generates revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in the retention of current Waste Management customers.
• Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retention goals. Communicates to and works with the Retention Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
• Reduces lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests and providing immediate flip on accounts unable to be saved over the phone.
• Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customer service and/or profitability while minimizing price rollbacks.
• Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
• Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
• Acquires in depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
• Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
• Updates and secures customer service agreements.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent plus 1-year non-consumer based industry sales. Internal requirements include 9-months proven success in a position involving customer interaction.
• Preferred: 2 years of college coursework plus 2-year non-consumer based industrial sales, (residential) sales, or service industry environment that includes: successfully converting customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations resulting in signed customer contracts.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
General Competencies Include:
• Build Relationships
• Communicate with Impact
• Demonstrate Professionalism
• Make Sound Decisions
• Think Strategically
• Proficient with Computer and Software Applications
• Produce Results
• Know the Business
• Influence and Negotiate
• Manage Work/Time
• Use Ethical Practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
• Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.