- Leads effective execution of HO Segment guideliens to support total written premium and profit objectives.
- Effectively manages the QAT process in a book of business.
- Manages territory to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the administration of Underwriting authority to underwriters wtih a Director.
- Understand trending in relation to growth and profit.
- Demonstrates strong partnerships with agents and brokers
- Support sales plans and agency engagement initiatives.
- Effectively manage agency profitability.
- Work closely with Territory Manager and Sales Manager to develop strategic plans that allow The Hartford to grow profitably in a territory.
- Embodies the leadership imperatives
- Maintain cost effective agency operating model including continuous improvement of placement and client service delivery
- Assists in determining value proposition, business goals, service standards and business practices; communicates results to staff.
- Assures the team meets its commitments to agents and small business owners through achievement of SLA's.
• Previous management experience required, preferably in the insurance industry
• 3 years underwriting
• Solid financial / business acumen skills
• Highly regarded for leadership capabilities
• Knowledge of the day to day workings of wholesale, intermediary, and retail P&C agencies
• Knowledge of commercial and excess & surplus lines coverage's, insurance contract, pricing and rating
• Experience in driving continuous process improvement through best practice service standards
• Ability to create and interpret operational and financial reports
• College degree preferred
• CPCU, CIC designations highly desirable Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.