***W2 Candidates Only/THIRD PARTY VENDORS NEED NOT APPLY***Job Description: Position: Scala DeveloperJob Description: Summary and Responsibilities
A successful candidate will participate in the implementation of leading-edge, transformative data systems as part of a multi-year initiative. As part of an Agile team, the candidate will work with users to refine requirements, design and develop high-quality and scalable systems, and assist users during the QA/UAT process. This is a hands-on, technical position with the expectation that a majority of the candidates time will be spent on active development tasks.
Nice to have
- 5+ years professional experience developing solutions with Scala, Java, Clojure or other language.
- Demonstrable experience producing reusable code components and libraries leveraged by multiple projects
- Experience with modeling tools and notation
- Strong desire to produce components and APIs that are a pleasure to use and address real business needs
- Strong data structure, algorithm and problem solving skills
- TDD/BDD experience, including experience with testing frameworks (ScalaTest, JUnit, Cucumber) and Continuous Integration
- Experience and desire to work in an Agile process (pair programming, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of problem domain in which they have been working
- Demonstrable functional programming experience and expertise
- Message-oriented-middleware (IBM MQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka, etc.) experience
- Distributed systems experience
- CQRS/Event sourced systems experience
- Relevant industry (banking middle/back office) experience
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Lack of passion for technology
- Inability to think through complex problems
- Inability to understand abstractions
- Lack of interest in professional growth and learning
- Lack of passion for quality
- Lack of delivery focus
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.