has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations group. We are looking for a Scale Operator
to be responsible for operating the scale in an accurate, efficient manner and manage the bookkeeping of transaction through completion. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong problem solving skill and demonstrated self-starter and high initiative
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Weigh and grade grain in all inbound and outbound trucks.
- Work with customers to verify scale tickets and print reports.
- Answer telephone promptly and direct calls as needed.
- Promote the services of the grain department.
- Provide a high level of customer service by addressing patrons in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Cross-train with accounting staff to keep Daily Grain Position in balance in their absence.
- Manage grain settlements.
- Provide documentation for billing of railcars.
- Enter Accounts and Grain Receivables.
- Work with other office personnel on special projects.
- Perform other duties or activities as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Work with other office personnel to keep office clean.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work some long irregular hours (weekend and holidays included.