GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Man front office, register patients, navigate payer resources for authorization info/patient financial responsibility, collect payments, schedule appointments, manage phone calls.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Answers all incoming phone calls (customer and/or informational) promptly and courteously, respond to all voice mail messages and redirect all incoming phone calls to the appropriate person (if applicable).
• Navigates payer systems and websites to determine coverage and patient financial responsibility
• Assesses potential for Charity status for patients and navigates patient through application process
• Verify insurance and determine patient financial responsibility
• Collects Co-pays appropriately
• Updates patient demographics (i.e. patient address, phone numbers)
• Obtains and/or insures Pre-Authorization/Medical Necessity for procedures
• Run State license check and OIG sanctions check on undefined providers, relay documentation
• Using Center's various IT systems, schedules, re-schedules and registers patients for procedures
• Run day-end reports from Meditech for unresolved items
• Access patient records and provides for HIPAA compliant release of PHI
• Scan, file and manage paper documentation
• Fax or phone results as indicated
• Provide appropriate patient preparation material and instructions and log dispensing
• Sort incoming mail.
• Processes various correspondence including credit card payments and sets up payment plans.
• Problem-solves to provide best patient experience even in the presence of barriers,
• Complete outbound calls such as appointment reminders, mammo courtesy calls, missed appointment recovery calls and schedule patient accordingly
• Performs other related work as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• One year of customer service experience, medical environment involving patient registration and application of health plan benefits preferred.
Work schedule, every Friday 9:30-6pm and also Monday and Tuesday 12-8pm
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom