GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Man front office, register patients, navigate payer resources for authorization info/patient financial responsibility, collect payments, schedule appointments, manage phone calls.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Answers all incoming phone calls (customer and/or informational) promptly and courteously, respond to all voice mail messages and redirect all incoming phone calls to the appropriate person (if applicable).
• Navigates payer systems and websites to determine coverage and patient financial responsibility
• Assesses potential for Charity status for patients and navigates patient through application process
• Verify insurance and determine patient financial responsibility
• Collects Co-pays appropriately
• Updates patient demographics (i.e. patient address, phone numbers)
• Obtains and/or insures Pre-Authorization/Medical Necessity for procedures
• Run State license check and OIG sanctions check on undefined providers, relay documentation
• Using Center's various IT systems, schedules, re-schedules and registers patients for procedures
• Run day-end reports from Meditech for unresolved items
• Access patient records and provides for HIPAA compliant release of PHI
• Scan, file and manage paper documentation
• Fax or phone results as indicated
• Provide appropriate patient preparation material and instructions and log dispensing
• Sort incoming mail.
• Processes various correspondence including credit card payments and sets up payment plans.
• Problem-solves to provide best patient experience even in the presence of barriers,
• Complete outbound calls such as appointment reminders, mammo courtesy calls, missed appointment recovery calls and schedule patient accordingly
• Performs other related work as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• One year of customer service experience, medical environment involving patient registration and application of health plan benefits preferred.
Work schedule, every Friday 9:30-6pm and also Monday and Tuesday 12-8pm