The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services. GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for scheduling appointments, procedures, tests and/or surgery. Must be able to communicate effectively and provide quality customer service to the patient, provider, insurance and hospital. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Schedules patient testing/procedures/admissions
- Obtains precertification/authorization numbers and enters in the scheduling or registration system
- Obtains and enters accurate insurance information
- Communicates among patient, provide, hospital and insurance company
- Provide pre-surgery/testing/procedure information and education to patient as needed
- Answers incoming phone calls
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
- Must read, understand, and adhere to all HealthONE Physician Care policies and procedures.
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
- Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
- Ability to provide responsive, compassionate customer service.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- One year of experience is preferred in a medical office setting, either as an MA or surgery scheduler.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom