HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine
. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required.
The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today! GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Contributes to the company's mission, vision, and values by scheduling patient surgical procedures and maintaining the surgery schedule. SUPERVISOR:
Business Office Manager or designee SUPERVISES
: None CLASSIFICATION:
Non-Exempt (subject to review if RN and/or if duties include supervisory with discretion to make employment decision that may include hiring, firing, disciplinary action, performance management, etc.) DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
- Obtains CPT and ICD-9 diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required for treatment of the patient from the physician's office; seeks assistance from Facility Coder as determined through facility processes.
- Prepares documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and notifies physician's offices about these procedures.
- Determines if patient has been previously treated at the center. If so, completes chart request from Medical Records and notifies Materials Manager /Nurse Manager of any physician special equipment/requests.
- Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with O.R. nurse to ensure daily schedule is streamlined.
- Maintains Center Block Schedule List. Arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as determined through facility processes.
- Calls and/or faxes physician's offices to notify them of any open schedule times that may allow for additional cases to be taken for the Center.
- Promptly forwards patient face sheets to Insurance Verification to obtain necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
- Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center before scheduling the patient.
- Posts/faxes schedule within twenty four (24) hours of receipt.
- Refers conflicts and procedural questions to Business Office Manager/Administrator/Nurse Manager as they arise.
- Assists with and participates in scheduler luncheons and other facility marketing efforts, as determined through facility processes.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Cross-trains as back up to other business office positions as requested.
- Performs other general duties as assigned.
• Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures.
• Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
• Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk management program.
• Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances teamwork; follows the safety literature/policies.Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and professionally.
• Analytical Skills
- Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
• Customer Orientation
- Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Contributing to Team Success
Actively participates as a member of the Center's team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Policies & Procedures
- Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
• PC Skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX - Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
• Technical Skills
- Knowledge of surgical procedures and equipment; commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/PPO, Tricare insurance operation procedures; and medical terminology. EDUCATION:
• N/A EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred. CERTIFICATE/LICENSE:
• BLS may be required as per facility standard. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
This job requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. It also requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, computer, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing/eyesight/voice projection to record, prepare, and communicate appropriately. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may involve dealing with angry or upset people and may be stressful at times.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom