Pinnacle Senior Care , a CHAP accredited leader in skilled home health is leading the way into the future with its dynamic chronic care home health model. Pinnacle Senior Care is a partner of US Medical Management and owned by a Fortune 250 company. Pinnacle presents the unique opportunity to be part of a medically-centered home care provider within a continuum of care that includes Home Care, Hospice, Visiting Physicians Association, and Laboratory/Diagnostic services.
We are seeking applicants that desire the experience of changing healthcare through compassionate delivery of care. We provide opportunity for growth and advancement, with over 20 branch locations in 8 states. Positions offer:
- Partnership with Visiting Physicians Association allows staff easy access to doctors to optimize quality patient care.
- #1 operating point of care system/ Home Care Home Base.
- Ready access to professional resources such as wound care and rehabilitation specialists.
- Weekly team conferences to optimize patient care through open discussion with the interdisciplinary team.
- Flexible scheduling with very limited on-call and weekend hours.
- A Competitive salary package which includes a 401k match.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Scrubs provided.
- Fast advancement opportunities in a rapidly expanding innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- A unique opportunity to provide care with specialty programs that focus on disease pathology, Health Literacy, and treating the whole patient.
- Agency is a Member of the National Association for Home Care.
The Scheduler indirectly participates in the provision of high quality patient care for home health clients. She/he ensures schedules are prepared to meet demands for service and visit assignments in accordance with the plan of care and state and federal regulations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Supports direct care of patients by providing field staff scheduling and making adjustments to schedules in agency software to accommodate Physician orders by working alongside the Clinical Supervisor to ensure continuity and quality of care as outlined by agency policy.
- Reviews scheduling request report and makes changes to the schedule as requested.
- Reviews agent summary report and follows up with staff on issues discovered, i.e. notes not synched back, late documentation.
- Communicates with the Clinical Manager about unresolved issues regarding delinquency of documentation through coordination notes.
- Serves as back office content expert for EMR.
- Assigns buddy codes as needed and ensures completion of documentation related to buddy codes.
- Precept new back office employees.
- Tracks patients for team conference and ensures completion of documentation.
- Ensures patient referral to therapy contractor is completed via fax and/or telephone. Verifies with therapy company receipt of the referral.
- Manually enters visits completed by therapy staff and ensures functional assessments are flagged appropriately.
- Processes therapy reassessment warning and ensures functional assessments are scheduled.
- Processes missed visits.
- Runs hospital hold report and follows up with hospital to ensure services are prepared for patient resumption of care.
- Attends educational in-services and staff meetings, as required.
- Prepares, runs, and distributes reports from clinical software systems to healthcare team as needed.
- Maintains open lines of communication with all members of the healthcare team and answers office phones appropriately as needed.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Performs these and all other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Two years administrative experience in an office environment, preferably in healthcare.
- Proficiency in personal computer use including e-mail, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Associate or higher college degree preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding preferred.
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.