SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Schedules patient testing, procedures, and admissions; obtains pre-cert/authorization numbers and enters in the scheduling or registration system; obtains and enters accurate insurance information; answers incoming phone calls.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Answer telephone in a timely and professional manner
• Schedule all patients for ancillary, surgical, and medical testing, procedures, and admissions through the Meditech scheduling module
• Select accurate insurance carrier plans and inform patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network or of any carrier that may result in a decrease on benefits
• Inform physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module
• Ensure any edits performed in the scheduling module are also duplicated in the admissions module
• Maintain knowledge of the scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
• Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
• Select correct patient medical record number consistently
• Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
• Utilize appropriate method/tool to communicate with Patient Access and other facility departments as necessary
• Edit medical accounts to a PRE status per facility or SSC standards and guidelines
• Receive, maintain, and index physician orders per facility and SSC standards and guidelines
• Attend in-service presentations and complete mandatory education week
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior scheduling experience preferred, especially in a hospital or outpatient medical facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom