Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Answer telephone in a timely and professional manner
• Schedules all patients for ancillary, surgical, and medical testing/procedures/admissions through the Meditech scheduling module
• Select accurate insurance carrier plans and informs the patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network or of any carrier that may result in a decrease on benefits
• Inform the physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module
• Ensure that any edits performed in the scheduling module are also duplicated in the admissions module
• Maintain knowledge of the scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
• Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
• Receive incoming pre-cert mail and ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
• Select the correct patient medical record number consistently
• Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
• Edit via the scheduling module those departmental calendar changes to ensure that patients are not scheduled when personnel is not available
• Acknowledge, file, and send MOX messages via Meditech
• Edit medical accounts to a PRE status
• Enter outpatient procedures in the Order Entry System
• Pull reservations off printers, keeping clinical reservations filed according to policy. Return surgical reservations to each appropriate scheduler.
• Work clinical accounts at least 2 days in advance in order for admitting personnel to use reservations for calling patients and checking patient and insurance information
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
• High school diploma or GED required
• Prior scheduling experience preferred
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
Parallon = #ParallonBCOM
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom