Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, GA
Eastside partners know when they come to work, it won't be just another day at the office. Instead, they'll be empowered to make a difference, challenged by the ever-changing nature of healthcare and, of course, feeling rewarded after a day of saving lives.
Our partners have served thousands of patients at Eastside Medical Center - performing over 5,700 surgeries, bringing more than 1,500 babies into the world and handling nearly 62,000 emergency room visits. But our work doesn't stop there. Engrained as valued and connected members of the greater Atlanta community, Eastside's 1,200 employees go beyond hospital walls to keep Gwinnett healthy, provide care to those in need and volunteer their time. Eastside Medical Center
is currently looking for an Scheduler / Medical Assistant (Full-Time)
Shift: Monday - Friday, Days (no weekends)
Department Specific Criteria:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Promotes customer service initiatives along with Eastside's Service Values.
- Documents patient care appropriately.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures required in the Spine Center
- Promotes compliance with National Patient Safety Goals.
- Documents vital signs and informs nurse/physician of any change in patient status.
- Assists with stocking supplies and maintains clean working environment.
- Assists co-workers to meet patient care needs within knowledge base
- Answers phones and perform all secretarial and other routine office duties.
- Maintains the files and appointment book for the department.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentially and privacy.
- Performs all other assigned duties, within scope of practice.
- Accepts and supports changes in hospital and departmental policy.
- Competent as appropriate to responsibilities in the knowledge of the prevention of contamination and transfer of infection and safety policies.
- Competent in the effective and safe use of all equipment.
- Observes hospital mission statement, philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs all functions associated with typing, logs, registries and appointment books for the department.
- Conducts inventory for the department when appropriate.
- Integrates cost-effective measures into department practice by utilizing supplies and equipment appropriately and efficiently.
- Assists in initial and ongoing orientation of personnel.
- Processes schedules in computer accurately and utilizes comment section in scheduling module to track cancellations, no shows, workers-comp, etc.
- Responsible for collecting new patient information required by physicians to assist in decision making process for new patients seen in Spine/Wellness Center.
- Ensures all patient and insurance information is up to date, pre-certifications and/or approvals required placed in chart prior to patient visit.
- Ensures prior authorizations completed.
- Answers telephones and all inquiries in a pleasant, attentive and helpful manner.
- Greets patient, families and visitors giving full attention to their needs.
- Maintains a quiet, courteous environment at scheduling desk, keeping personal conversations to a minimum.
- Maintains area on and around scheduling desk to protect patient information.
- Organization of office activity, including use of the computerized hospital information systems, filing and reporting of scheduling records, full clerical support of other members of department, and direct mailings.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Training program with a certificate required
- State Certified Medical Assistant preferred (CMA)
- BLS - American Heart Association - required
- Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer for mandated units
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom