Location: Granville, Ohio - United StatesScience & Technology Development Program
Location: Granville, OH - USScience and Technology Development Program
Do you consider yourself to be Extraordinary Talent?
The Leadership and Development programs at Owens Corning provide an opportunity for highly qualified and motivated candidates to engage in a dynamic learning experience while directly participating in our company's purpose: Our People and Products Make the World a Better Place. As a program participant you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to achieve results while constantly striving for improvement.Program Description:
The Science & Technology (S&T) Development program is designed to build a pipeline of technical and leadership talent for the S&T organization at Owens Corning by providing a variety of unique experiences.
This will be achieved by recruiting and retaining M.S. and Ph.D. level graduates in science and engineering and then providing them with two differing assignments designed to provide significant personal and professional growth.
The successful candidate will demonstrate technical excellence, business impact, and leadership while rotating through two projects over a 3 year time period. Individuals will be assigned to high profile teams working on new business growth initiatives, significant cost reduction efforts, and product performance improvement projects. Research & Development assignments may encompass materials research, product and process innovations, and customer inspired solution development. Individuals will be expected to develop a thorough understanding of our products, testing and manufacturing processes, customers, competitors and business metrics. Upon completion of the program, graduates are placed in professional level roles in which they lead critical work on key innovation projects. Accelerated development occurs through challenging rotational assignments that are focused on delivering business results, technical and leadership skills training, mentoring opportunities with senior technical leaders, and assessment and feedback.Candidate Criteria:
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Chemistry, Material or Polymer Science, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Demonstrated technical knowledge with the ability to develop project plans and lead projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with polymers, glasses or metals as well as composite and building materials
- Materials processing or application development experience
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Business experience through co-ops/internships or direct work experience
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative
- Two assignments while in program
- Each assignment is approximately 18 months in length
- Business unit rotations can occur within:
- Insulating Systems Business
- Roofing and Asphalt
- Other related functions
- Emphasis is placed on R&D, manufacturing processes, and customer interaction
- High visibility within the S&T organization; presentations to the S&T community
- Networking with S&T program participants and orientation with members of other functional development programs
- Exposure to various corporate organizations and business unit processes
- High level technical leader mentors assigned to all participants
Location of Assignment:
- Research & Development assignments may encompass materials research, product and process innovations and customer inspired solution development.
- Individuals assigned to high profile project teams:
- New value initiatives
- New business growth initiatives
- Cost reduction and product performance improvements projects
- Upon completion of the program, graduates are placed in professional level roles in which they lead critical work on key innovation projects
Primarily, Granville, Ohio (east of Columbus); other locations possible.Science and Technology at Owens Corning:
The Science and Technology (S&T) organization includes over 300 scientists, technologists, and engineers in several locations worldwide, including: Granville and Tallmadge, OH, Summit, IL, Shanghai, China, and Apeldoorn, The Netherlands.About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. In business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2014. A Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 26 countries. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.