At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Global Scientific Affairs & Education Manager
will drive market advancement in the U.S. and International through the creation and communication of scientific information, education, clinical practice change, and the development and engagement of key opinion leader relationships in order to drive the surgical site infection prevention value proposition. In addition, this individual will accelerate global knowledge transfer and competency on products, clinical studies, customer education, and KOL management. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Scientific Marketing : Search out and organize technical and evidence-based support for products to drive global and regional marketing initiatives. Responsible for all technical aspects of products pre-and post-launch including input to marketing plans. Develop and maintain knowledge of scientific data supporting the claims of competitive products.
- Clinical Studies : Develop strategies and priorities for clinical studies and health economic models that support existing products and new products in development.
- New Product Programs : Participate as a key member of new product development programs, drive voice of the customer and market, and develop the scientific and clinical objectives of the product along with regional plans to accelerate adoption of new technologies in country.
- Industry Relationships & Trends : Serve as a major point-of-contact in developing and maintaining relationships with key opinion leaders. Educate and provide supporting materials to speakers, authors, and opinion leaders. Maintain membership in key professional associations. Develop and maintain knowledge of trends in the industry including technical practice, reimbursement, and FDA regulatory status through professional contacts, publication reading and conference attendance.
- Scientific Education . Provide scientific presentations and education at national/international events. Provide recommendations for speaking engagements. Work with health care organizations and on government projects to develop and implement guidelines and best practices, and provide quality improvement coaching to clinicians.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited university
- Minimum seven (7) years U.S. Operating Room experience
- Minimum five (5) years U.S. Operating Room management and/or educator role
- Master of Science/Master of Arts in Nursing, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner
- One (1) year experience in delivering presentations
- Knowledge of surgical products and clinical procedures
- Knowledge of FDA regulations
- Knowledge of clinical research and evaluations
- Experience in educating and training others
- Experience in conducting research related to new product development and marketing launches
- Global Experience (multi-market or country)
- Management skills (leadership, project management, conflict management, diversity)
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 30% International travelRelocation:
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.