Requires a Bachelor's degree in Virology, molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry, biophysics, immunology or other vaccinology related discipline
Master's degree or theoretical and practical scientific knowledge and expertise/experience typical of MSc
Experience in Vaccines Research in an industrial, academic or government laboratory setting preferable
• Good knowledge and understanding of GSK Vaccines strategy and objectives, regulatory requirements, as well as competition intelligence and intellectual property aspects. Ability to integrate this knowledge in decisions and recommendations.
• Excellent communication skills, need to appropriately manage the interfaces with Project Teams
• Fluency in English
• Able to efficiently manage uncertainty, changes in priority and timeline restrictions.
We are seeking several motivated Vaccine Scientists for our new U.S. R&D Center in Rockville, Maryland. You will have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of a new organization and site, and you will be part of a new culture of some of the best scientific minds in vaccine research.
• Key member of diverse team of vaccine scientists to design, characterize, optimize, evaluate and select vaccine candidates, and support platform technology development
• Knowledge in several technologies and/or in several projects
• Can read, understand scientific papers, extract technical protocols from literature
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of how to analyze and interpret experimental data
• Executes assigned tasks and activities with high quality and attention to own and other's safety
• Analyzes, interprets results, and proposes next steps
• Able to operate with minimal supervision
• Demonstrates basic management skills
• Capable of independent decision-making
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.