Scientific Communications Sr Mgr
Posted: January 12, 2017
Reference ID: R-31732
The Scientific Communications Senior Manager, reporting to the Director of Global Scientific Communications, will be responsible for developing strategy and executing a complex Global Publication Plan (GPP) for inflammation products. This highly visible role requires strong leadership and presentation skills and the ability to interface in a dynamic environment with multiple global and regional cross-functional teams at Amgen. The successful candidate should demonstrate an ability to translate medical strategies into actionable publication plans that adhere to guidelines, SOPs, policies and industry regulations.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following: collaborating cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders to develop global publication strategy aligned to product medical objectives, providing leadership and oversight of the GPP team to ensure execution of the plan, leading cross-functional GPPT meetings, proactively communicating publication status to leadership and across functions, clearly defining accountabilities and metrics for all stakeholders, and ensuring GPPT compliance to company publication SOP. In addition, this role is accountable for managing external providers, as well as project-associated budgets and resources.
Some travel - approximately 10%.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Clinical experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Clinical experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Clinical experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of clinical experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of clinical experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
• Doctorate degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO) with 4+ years of cumulative experience in Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research
• Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry (or clinical experience) in the area of Inflammation or Immunology
• Understanding of the publication landscape including guidelines, policies and industry regulations
• Experience with marketed products and late-stage pipeline products
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and the ability to critically analyze the scientific literature to form logical opinions and communicate key business and clinical information at multiple levels
• An understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotech commercialization process and knowledge of the legal and regulatory guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
• The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
• Prior experience managing consultants and vendors is desired.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.