Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientific Director, Metabolic Disease based in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Scientific Director, Metabolic Disease is responsible for the development of integrated therapeutic area-specific field communication plans integrated within the Medical Affairs therapeutic area plans, and the preparation of scientific communication material used in the communication efforts. This role reports into to the Therapeutic Area Leader.
• Must have significant knowledge and expertise of scientific data associated with our product and key competitors in the therapeutic area.
• Participate in the design and review of a variety of complex, multi-media documents to provide direction/oversight.
• Provide medical review and approval for all promotional and external facing documents through the Copy Approval Committee.
• Assist with sales training activities.
• Design and lead Advisory Board Scientific oversight and overall strategy.
• Work with knowledge management teams to design US Publication Strategy.
• Design and implement scientific congress strategy and presentations.
• Partner with commercial teams on speaker training and advisory board activities.
• An advanced terminal degree such as PhD, PharmD, MD/DO is required.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry required.
• Strong experience in and deep knowledge of the cardiometabolic (diabetes, metabolism, cardiovascular, renal, endocrine) therapeutic area is required.
• Prior experience leading matrixed and cross functional teams is required.
• A highly motivated, organized, self-starter personality is required, with a demonstrated track record of leadership and achievement.
• A highly “customer centric” approach to getting the job done is necessary, personified by an “accountable without excuses” mind set.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%. Primarily US regional travel with a possibility of limited global travel. Ability and willingness to adjust work hours to facilitate global collaboration as required. Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganization
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)Job Function
Medical AffairsRequisition ID