MD or PhD or Pharm D required
Five years pharmaceutical industry experience and medical affairs-specific (or clinical) experience preferred; vaccine-specific experience preferred.
Must be able to clearly demonstrate a thorough understanding of the US healthcare system and the US healthcare environment including all external stakeholders.
Must demonstrate disease area expertise and appropriate medical and/or clinical and/or scientific experience.
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of medical affairs accountabilities for evidence generation, external engagement and internal advice; direct experience preferred.
• Leads/contributes to defined US medical affairs work for a medicine(s), supporting global franchises, US medical affairs matrix team(s) and US medical commercial strategy team(s).
• Contributes to the development and execution of the US Medical Affairs Plan and
the medical sections for the strategic launch plan for one or more medicines.
• Provide the medical monitoring function as needed for trials, including protocol development, medical oversight ongoing clinical studies, management of potential safety issues, contributing to statistical analysis planning, providing medical interpretation of clinical trial data (both safety and efficacy)
• Integrates US environment needs and medical voice of customer (patients, providers,
payers) into medical affairs strategy.
• Understands, interprets and applies the local (US) external environment and competitive knowledge in all medical plans and is able to define the medical story for the patient.
• Ensures the US environment needs for medical and health outcomes evidence generation
are represented and incorporated into the global medical work.
• Recommends scientifically appropriate measures within health outcomes research over the lifecycle of the medicine(s) to meet US reimbursement needs.
• Leads/contributes to the design & delivery of Phase IIIB/IV studies (US Pharma funded) in
collaboration with global franchises and manages US funded investigator sponsored studies
• Leads/contributes to appropriate US scientific engagement between GSK and external
communities in order to advance scientific and medical understanding including the
appropriate development and use of our medicines, the management of disease, and patient care.
Other accountabilities include:
• Point of Contact for Field Medical Team
• Field Training material development and assessment
• MMT co-lead
• MCST co-lead
• Retail/Pharmacy Scientific Engagement Lead
• Medical Launch Activities co-lead
• Media Engagement co-lead
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.