The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Scientist II, aligned to Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), division of Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, truly makes a difference by Protecting Lives against Infection®. ASP has been innovating since 1987 to help healthcare facilities protect patients with best-in-class infection prevention solutions. Learn more about Advanced Sterilization Products at www.aspjj.com/us for more information.
The Scientist II will:
• Work under general supervision to perform research of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Work in any of the following areas: Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Research Pharmacy, Toxicology and Pharmacology.
• Use and apply standard principles, theories, and concepts in the field as well as working knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Contribute to the origination or direction of experiments, through the development of methodologies, review, analyze, interpret data and prepare reports.
• Perform lab testing for product performance evaluation and/or test method validation activities with the methods including but limited to HPLC, GC, UV-VIS and wet chemistry test method and USP methodology
• Lead small-scale projects and participate in cross-functional teams.
• Sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel in regard to performing the responsibilities of this job.
• Occasionally be required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop and kneel.
• Perform in a Laboratory work environment, and utilize safety equipment. Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Minimum of 3 years of lab testing work experience is required; or minimum 1 year of lab testing work experience with Master Degree.
• A degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry is highly preferred. Primary Location
• Experience within the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, or Consumable Products industry is preferred.
• Knowledge of GMP in a regulated industry is required.
• Experience with lab testing using the methods/equipment including but limited to HPLC, GC, UV-VIS, wet chemistry and USP methodology is required
• Preparing and writing technical protocols and reports is required
• 10% Domestic travel is required
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function