Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a Scientist, you will participate in scientific projects to support the discovery, development and optimization of Biologics and Vaccine products. The Scientist performs existing techniques accurately and be able to trouble shoot these techniques. Major activities include managing of biological specimens and applying principles and concepts of sample processing. You will interpret scientific data generated from one's own experiments or from one's subordinates. Also design and execute experiments for biological and/or vaccine clinical assays to optimize existing technique. Furthermore, in this role you will evaluate new techniques/technologies and equipment, and maintain familiarity with current scientific/technical literature as it applies to one's current job responsibilities. Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or a related Biological Sciences discipline.
- A Bachelor's degree with at least three (3) years of related experience, or a Master's degree with minimum of one (1) year of related experience.
- Candidate must have experience managing biological specimens and applying principles and concepts of sample processing which include: nucleic acid extraction, heat inactivation, aliquoting, blinding/de-identification, sample destruction, resolution of patient/sample demographics and use of inventory and tracking software to be managed via regulated and compliant practices.
- Candidate experience working in a regulated laboratory environment.
- Candidate must have experience with Molecular biology assays such as DNA gel electrophoresis, DNA and RNA isolation and Real-Time PCR.
- Candidate must have experience executing on formal reagent qualifications, QC trending activities, and troubleshooting for immunological, cell based, and molecular assay methods.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement