Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with direct hands-on experience in mammalian tissue culture and mammalian cell assay development, to join our High-Throughput Screening group in Biologics Discovery, at MRL Boston. Responsibilities will include routine cell line maintenance, generation and characterization of stable expressing cell lines, as well as developing and carrying out mammalian cell based assays for antibody discovery.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related discipline, with 2 years of relevant lab experience.
- Hands on experience with mammalian cell culture in a BSL-2 environment
- Experience generating and characterizing stable, attachment dependent cell lines
- Experience developing and carrying out cell based assays for antibody discovery
- Experience conducting ELISA assays, western blotting and molecular biology techniques
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with automated liquid handling systems
- Experience using flow cytometry and FACS sorting
- Knowledge of mammalian and microbial protein expression systems
- Knowledge of antibody discovery and biologic drug development
- Familiarity with protein analytical characterization assays and equipment
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement