Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist Bioanalysis and Pharmacokinetics, to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
PDM is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of key ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and extraction), pharmacodynamics, and developability information needed for the generation of drug candidate in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including bioanalysis, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, and chemistry with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Bioanalysis and Pharmacokinetics (BAPK) group within PDM has diverse tasks covering in-house bioanalytical and pharmacokinetic support from discovery to development, study monitoring of out-soured bioanalytical activities, and toxicokinetic/pharmacokinetic analysis. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Scientist in the BAPK group
The candidate will be a member of BAPK group within PDM. The work will focus on using theoretical and practical knowledge for challenging assay development and quantitation of drug candidates, metabolites and biomarkers in complex biological matrices to support drug discovery and development. The candidate is expected to independently develop, qualify/validate, and implement key bioanalytical assays for small molecules in fast moving and dynamic drug discovery/development environment. Additionally, this candidate also will help develop novel bioanalytical approaches to support non-small molecule platforms. The candidate will also be expected to provide expertise advice to other JNJ groups on challenging bioanalytical issues and solutions. The candidate is expected to show a strong ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external partners. The candidate will play a supporting role in enhancing the overall analytical capability of PDM organization and to represent Janssen for external scientific community. Analytical support to other groups within PDM is also expected.
Overall, this candidate is expected to play a key role in strengthening the bioanalytical method development capabilities for small molecule pipeline, and enhancing the bioanalysis innovation and issue-driven resolution for all programs. Applicants should be willing to learn new skills and constantly be challenged to improve processes.
• A Ph.D., preferably holding a Ph.D. degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical sciences, or a related field. B.S. (with 10-12 years) or M.S. (5-6 years) with relevant experiences may substitute for education.
• Strong theoretical and practical knowledge and extensive experience with bioanalysis method development and establishment for highly challenging methods for drugs, metabolites and biomarkers is required.
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry is required.
• Hands-on experience with analysis of small molecules in complex biological matrices such as plasma and serum is required.
• Hands-on experience with bioanalytical sample preparation skills, such as solid phase extraction, liquid-liquid extraction, immuno-affinity enrichment is required.
• Understanding of regulatory guidance for bioanalysis practice is required.
• Good written and oral presentation capabilities as well as track records of publications/presentations is required.
• Experience with software for PK analysis (Phoenix) is desired.
• Understanding of drug discovery, biology, drug ADME and pharmacokinetics is desired.
• Able to solve complicated technical issues under minimal supervision is desired.
• Problem solver who is highly organized with the ability to thrive in an environment with rapidly changing priorities is desired.Primary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.