Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck is seeking a highly motivated scientist with a strong background in viral immunology to join our research team committed to eradicating chronic HIV infection. The successful candidate will focus on the development of novel strategies aimed at achieving the goal of HIV cure. Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or a related field of study, with a minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a research laboratory.
• Experienced in immunological assays, including primary immune cell isolation and cultivation, and examination of cell function and phenotype.
• Experienced in cultivation of cell lines and primary immune cells.
• Significant and current knowledge of immunology, with particular expertise in T and/or NK cell biology
• Experience in working with blood and tissue samples from preclinical species and humans.
• Demonstrates a capacity to develop assays and design, troubleshoot and execute experiments independently.
• Interpret data within the context of the overall research goals and think creatively to solve research problems.
- Experience in flow cytometry, cell sorting and execution of multi-panel staining.
- Experience in cultivating and working with viral preparations.
- Drug discovery knowledge/experience.
- Experience working with infectious disease, particularly HIV.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement