Janssen Biotech, Inc, a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit http://www.janssenbiotech.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for highly a motivated and experienced computational biologist to join us as a Scientist in Antibody Discovery in JBio. A successful candidate will be part of the team to support our antibody therapeutic discovery efforts, particularly in large number Ab sequence analysis, Next Gene Sequencing data analysis, and database management. This person is also expected to interact with Janssen scientific staffd, IT resources and external vendors to advance and deploy information technologies in antibody discovery. This position requires fluency in multiple computer languages, good knowledge in antibody structure and variable region sequences, and working knowledge of statistics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as the main computational biologist in Antibody Discovery
- Partner with scientists across the organization to apply antibody structural knowledge and statistics to analyze large number of antibody sequences for therapeutic antibody generation
- Developing and applying bioinformatics tools for advancing internal technology platform for antibody discovery and antibody engineering and providing bioinformatics supports
- PhD in computational biology or a related field is required
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative analysis of high-volume biological datasets is preferred
- Fluent with multiple programming languages, demonstrated ability to perform high-quality scientific programming is required
- Practical knowledge of statistical techniques is preferred
- Working knowledge of laboratory techniques in molecular biology, cell biology and immunology is preferred
- Proven critical thinking skills and the ability to consider outcomes when designing analyses
- Technical writing experience is preferred
- Excellence in record keeping is essential
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.