Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a talented Scientist with preformulation expertise to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Developability Assessment group is a part of Pharmacokinetic Dynamic and Metabolism (PDM) team in the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the development of small molecule and peptide compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TA) discovery teams. The group is responsible for is ensuring that compounds entering development have developability characteristics that will ensure successful translation from discovery to the clinic. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Scientist at our team based in Spring House, PA.
As a member of the Janssen Developability Group, you will be responsible for performing developability assessment of discovery compounds using experimental methodologies and in silico tools. You will be expected to influence discovery project teams in finding NCEs with desirable pharmaceutical properties from a drug delivery and bio performance perspective. You will need to define pharmaceutical developability assessment criteria, as they pertain to disease state, program biology and late-stage development needs, in collaboration with partners in discovery and development organizations. An awareness of later stage development needs as well as an understanding of the disease state and biology will help to enable the definition of the required design elements.
• Collaborate with discovery partners to evaluate molecular properties relevant to drug delivery and influence team strategies.
• Design and develop fit-for-purpose preclinical formulations (conventional and enabling) for pre-clinical toxicological and PK/PD studies to enable robust candidate selection and progression
• Assess and clearly communicate drug delivery and performance risks. Perform fit-for-purpose analytical method development for small molecules and peptides, forced degradation analysis and preformulation studies, solubility measurement, solid-state characterization using techniques such as, particle size measurement, XRPD, DSC, TGA, vapor-sorption analysis etc.
• Maintain an awareness of and contribute to scientific literature; actively apply delivery technologies to projects as appropriate. Conduct research and present significant findings via internal and external presentations or publications.
• The ability to work and innovate independently under short timelines and with limited amounts of material is crucial.
• Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related disciplines with or without any industrial experience OR MS in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related disciplines with equivalent industrial experience (3+ years) will also be considered.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required.
• Strong theoretical background and hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: physicochemical characterization of small molecules/peptides, conducting solubility measurements, manufacturing enabling formulations such as nanosuspensions/solid dispersions, and conducting preformulation studies.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function