Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is hiring a Scientist, DMPK to be located in La Jolla, CA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist, DMPK will:
- Support drug discovery and early development efforts as a member and representative of the PDM (Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism) group working closely with other teams such as chemistry, biology, and toxicology.
- Manage and/or conduct in vitro ADME studies using various matrices (e.g. liver microsomes, hepatocytes, blood/plasma).
- Design and execute mechanistic experiments tailored to address project specific questions such as characterizing enzyme kinetics, investigating non-P450 metabolism (e.g. UGT- or AO-metabolism) and measuring tissue binding.
- Perform bioanalytical method development and quantitation of discovery compounds in blood or tissue of preclinical species.
- Develop and implement new assays.
- A BS or MS degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related field with at least 8 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Understanding of DMPK principles, experience in outsourcing and conducting various ADME assays and strong technical expertise in bioanalysis using LC-MS/MS systems (ABI Sciex) are required.
- Experience as a DMPK project team representative is a plus.
- The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and leadership skills.
- The position is located in La Jolla, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
United States-California-San DiegoOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.