PhD with 0+ years of experience OR
MS with 1+ years of experience OR
BS with 3+ years of experience
Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related scientific field
• Prior experience with initiation of stability studies is preferred
• An understanding of QbD, ICH Guidelines, cGMP and FDA requirements for drug products would be helpful
We are looking for a motivated research scientist/associate scientist dedicated to driving innovative formulation solutions for novel vaccines in early stage research. Experience with formulation of recombinant proteins, nucleic acids, liposomes, nanoparticles, or vaccine adjuvants is required. Prior experience with initiation of stability studies is preferred. An understanding of QbD, ICH Guidelines, cGMP and FDA requirements for drug products would be helpful. This person will be also be responsible for supporting in vivo proof of concept studies, transfer of formulations in to late-stage development, and providing technical SOPs and reports supporting pre-formulation studies. This position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
• Executes and assists with specific research and development projects in collaboration with the related platform staff, following the quality by design framework
• Responsible for the conception, design, implementation, and interpretation of scientific and technical data to support own area projects
• Collaborates with related platform staff and scientists to design, implement, and interpret the data from project work streams
• Makes sound scientific/technical decisions based on a balance of data, analysis and experience
• Functions effectively as a core team member on several projects and leads small projects and established work processes
• Solves complex problems through collaborations with others, taking a new perspective on existing solutions
• Provides guidance to new team members and acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Generates strong relationships in the areas of preclinical research and technical development with high quality partners beneficial to the organization, both internally and externally, to strengthen development/implementation of new methods/technologies
• Prepares and presents scientific data within Technical R&D / Technical Development team or in Technical taskforce
• Be able to defend scientific data to external events, like congress
• Authors and reviews technical protocols and reports in support of various project development stages
• Utilizes technical process knowledge to meet "Fit for Purpose" and regulatory requirements appropriate for stage of development
• Communicates effectively within TRD and with external stakeholders
• Encourage adaptation and proactive promote the GxP / EHS / QA rules application
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.