Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
We are seeking a Scientist I with hands-on experience in antibody discovery using hybridoma or B-cell approaches to support therapeutic biologics programs and reagent antibody generation in the Biologics Lead Discovery group.
Responsibilities will include designing immunization and screening strategies and developing and executing antibody characterization assays including binding and functional assays. Other duties include applying single B cell-based technologies for antibody discovery. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of current antibody generation technologies and be able to apply this to practice at the bench. A strong background in cell culture is required and experience with B-cell selection and growth is a plus. The position will be responsible for executing on antibody discovery multiple projects and representing the Biologics Lead Discovery function on project teams.
• PhD in cell biology, immunology, or related field with 2 years experience or Bachelor's or Master's degree with 7 years experience.
• Previous experience in antibody discovery using hybridoma or B-cell approaches employing immunization approaches.
• Experience with antibody binding assays including ELISA, HTRF, high throughput and multiparameter flow cytometry, and SPR (Octet, Biacore).
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with B-cell selection/sorting and activation and antibody sequencing is a plus.
• Experience with next-gen sequencing approaches is a plus.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.