The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Scientist I, aligned to Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), division of Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, truly makes a difference by Protecting Lives against Infection®. ASP has been innovating since 1987 to help healthcare facilities protect patients with best-in-class infection prevention solutions. Learn more about Advanced Sterilization Products at www.aspjj.com/us for more information.
The Scientist I will:
• Work under general supervision to perform research or lab testing to support product evaluation or design change verification studies following GMP requirement
• Work in any of the following areas: Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Sterilization and Microbiology
• Use and apply standard principles, theories, and concepts in the field as well as working knowledge of other related disciplines. Qualifications
• Contribute to the origination or direction of experiments, through the execution of lab testing, reviewing, analyzing, interpreting data and preparing study reports. The lab testing methods including but limited to HPLC, GC, UV-VIS, TOC, and wet chemistry and USP methodology and Sterilization cycle execution
• Participate in cross-functional team meetings as needed.
• Sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel in regard to performing the responsibilities of this job.
• Occasionally be required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop and kneel.
• Perform in a Laboratory work environment, and utilize safety equipment.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Minimum of 1 years of lab testing work experience is required;
• A degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry is highly preferred.
• Experience within the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, or Consumable Products industry is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience working in GMP regulated industry is required.
• Experience with lab testing using the methods/equipment including but limited to HPLC, GC, UV-VIS, TOC, wet chemistry and USP methodology is required.
• Preparing and writing technical protocols and reports is required
• 10% Domestic travel is requiredPrimary Location
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.