Bristol-Myers Squibb is the world leader in Biotherapeutics for Immuno-Oncology. The Bioassay Center of Excellence is the global center for biological potency development to support biologics characterization and clinical material lot release. To enable the continuous expansion of our biologics pipeline, we are looking for experienced professionals passionate about bringing recombinant therapeutics to patients to address significant unmet medical needs.
The Scientist, Bioassay Development has the opportunity to drive state-of-the art potency assay development that supports the company’s portfolio of preclinical and clinical- stage biologics. The role requires expertise with the design and development of BIAcore/SPR assays and calls for close collaboration with early discovery groups, process sciences groups, internal analytical functions, as well as with Manufacturing Sciences and Technology and the Quality Assurance organization.
• Directly accountable for the development and execution of BIAcore/SPR methods for the characterization of protein-protein interactions
• Directly accountable for bioassay development for early and late stage development programs, development of fit-for-purpose biological characterization assays, assay qualification/validation, and strong collaboration with stakeholders in partner organizations
• Responsible for experimental design, execution, data review and analysis/interpretation, document writing, and contributing to sections of regulatory submissions
• Participates in development of the analytical control strategy and anticipates and addresses technical, regulatory, and other business needs
• Generate and thoroughly document results
• Inspires innovation and operational excellence and fosters a continuous learning environment
• PhD in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or equivalent field
• Typically 0-2 years directly applicable experience in biopharmaceutical development
• In exceptional cases, non-PhD candidates with significant relevant experience may also be considered
• Expertise with quantitative analysis of protein-protein interactions using BIAcore surface plasmon resonance (SPR), including kinetics and affinity as it relates to understanding mechanism of action/functionality
• Experience in cell-based in-vitro assays functionally related to molecular and/or clinical mechanism of action of biotherapeutics would be advantageous
• Experience in ELISAs
• Methodical and committed to high-quality results
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Awareness of regulatory guidelines would be an asset but is not required.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.