The Scientist II position in Product Development will work with R&D colleagues to define and develop juice-based prototypes for The North American Retail Market. Scientist will collaborate with team members to deliver high quality, safe and cost effective products that deliver against consumer needs and market trends. The position will involve working in both a laboratory and pilot plant environment. Along with many function specific activities the role requires some product development experience (juice understanding a plus), basic scientific research, understanding of GMPs and excellent team communication to optimize juice beverage prototypes. Function Related Activities
Conduct prototype development to define and refine innovation concepts. Perform chemical analyses using instrumental methods in order to determine the composition of samples. Analyze samples for Brix, pH, titratable acidity, Vitamin C, Calcium, residual oil, viscosity, corrosivity, density, essence, and other juice beverage related analyses. Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook. Prepare samples and sampling plan for ingredients, intermediate or finished products, or other materials in order to perform analyses (e.g., chemical, physical, sensory, microbiological). Manage prototype logistics, conduct and/or review experiments (e.g., laboratory or process experiments) in order to deliver against product targets; evaluate ingredient, product or packaging safety, efficacy or claims; or evaluate new ingredients, materials, products or processes. Education
: Bachelor of Science or Masters Degree (depending on the experience) in Food Science, Chemistry, or a related discipline or equivalent Related Work Experience
: At least 2 year of work experience is required, any experience working with juices is a plus. Leadership Behaviors
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Collaborate with System, Customers, and other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- Calibration: Ability to measure instrument variations and apply corrections for ensuring the accuracy and precision of an instrument or measurement tool.
- Protects Proprietary IP: Ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to innovation concepts, scientific data, formulas and ingredients.
- Product Development: Ability to produce and process complex, functional beverages on a lab scale. Basic Inorganic Chemistry: General knowledge of the composition, structure and properties of inorganic substances needed to understand inorganic ingredients (e.g., acidulants, oxygen, water, buffers) used in Company products and in research on stability of ingredients.
- Basic Microbiology: Basic knowledge of food and water microbiology used to make judgments about the safety of ingredients, beverages, manufacturing techniques, packaging and storage conditions.
- Basic Nutrition: Knowledge of basic nutrition concepts and definitions involved in basic nutritional labeling.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.