The N. American Coca-Cola Product Development group has an exciting open position (Scientist II) located in our Glaceau's Headquarters in New York, NY. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting product development initiatives focused on our Enhanced Hydration Portfolio.
The incumbent will be responsible for leading all aspects of new product development from concept to commercialization. This individual will closely work with several cross-functional R&D groups. This position represents a great opportunity for a candidate that is interested in learning extensively about a variety of beverage matrixes and technologies and furthering their career in a global beverage company. FUNCTION SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Design, develop, conduct and/or review experiments (e.g., laboratory or process experiments) in order to deliver new products; evaluate ingredient, product or packaging safety, efficacy or claims; or evaluate new ingredients, materials, products or processes.
- Successfully applies scientific, engineering and consumer insights principles in research, formulation, processing and commercialization of beverages.
- Identifies, evaluates and selects new ingredients, developments, trends & technologies in food and beverage industry to guide product development initiatives.
- Instrumental Analysis: Ability to analyze ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances using laboratory instruments. This includes preparation of analytical standards and standard curves.
- Laboratory Practices: Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (e.g., handling of chemicals and glassware, preparation of standards and reagents, proper measuring techniques, data management, housekeeping).
- Basic Analytical Chemistry: Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis. This includes preparation, separation, detection and other techniques and applying concepts of precision and accuracy. It also includes understanding new developments in the field and their effect on our products, ingredients and packaging materials.
- Develops, maintains and/or validates laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results.
- Writes detailed and accurate reports for analyses, experiments and projects.
- Deep ability to exercise Critical Thinking and Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills- concise & precise in thought, verbal, and written skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills with proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects.
- A Bachelor's degree in chemistry, food science, chemical engineering is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and team building competencies; strong project management and complex problem solving abilities; excellent communication, human relations, and people management skills; and the ability to be self-directed, forward thinking, and make complex decisions that drive business innovation and performance.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top