Food Scientist position in Coca-Cola North America R&D team focused on the Freestyle Product Development, to work with the Director and Sr. Scientist and internal partners to ideate, define, and develop beverages for global markets. Scientist will work cross-functionally with relevant team members to deliver high quality, safe and cost effective products that deliver against project objectives. Role requires hands-on development and application of scientific principles with to create optimum business propositions.
Conduct prototype development to meet the project brief. Perform chemical analyses using instrumental methods in order to determine the composition of samples. Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook. Prepare samples and sampling plan for ingredients, intermediate or finished products, or other materials in order to perform analyses (e.g., chemical, physical, sensory, microbiological). Design, develop, conduct and/or review experiments (e.g., laboratory or process experiments) in order to deliver new products; evaluate ingredient, product or packaging safety, efficacy or claims; or evaluate new ingredients, materials, products or processes. Identify, research and evaluate new developments or trends in beverage-related industries, technologies or materials (e.g., packaging, equipment, products, processes) using various methods (e.g., scanning databases, tracking market trends, software) in order to recommend new courses of action.Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or a related disciplineRelated Work Experience:
At least 3 years of work experience is required Technical Skills:
- Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply those principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
- Product Development: Ability to envision, formulate, and produce complex, functional beverages on a lab scale. Ability to assess product stability, identify attributes of concern, and adjust formulations accordingly.
- Protect Proprietary IP: Ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to innovation concepts, scientific data, formulas and ingredients.
- Basic Inorganic Chemistry: General knowledge of the composition, structure and properties of inorganic substances needed to understand inorganic ingredients (e.g., acidulants, oxygen, water, buffers) used in Company products and in research on stability of ingredients.
- Basic Microbiology: Basic knowledge of food and water microbiology used to make judgments about the safety of ingredients, beverages, manufacturing techniques, packaging and storage conditions.
- Basic Nutrition: Knowledge of basic nutrition concepts and definitions involved in basic nutritional labeling.
• Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
• Collaborate with System, Customers, and other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
• Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
• Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
• Develop Self: Develop self and support others' to achieve full potential.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top