Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The individual will play a key role in developing the next generation immunogenicity risk assessment tools for lead biologics across diverse therapeutic areas and modalities utilizing cell-based in vitro assays. Success in this role will involve a strong understanding of immunology and
collaborative teamwork and interactions with multiple groups throughout the Discovery organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive innovation of human cell based immunogenicity/immunology assays
- Execute established human cell-based assays monitoring immune activation
Qualifications: Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Utilize Flow Cytometry based analysis
- Familiar with biologics drug development and immunogenicity
- Document experimental details and scientific findings, strong attention to detail; contribute to and/or prepare technical reports
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline with 2-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent scientific background, B.S./B.A. with at least 8-10 years of relevant experience. or M.S./M.A. with at least 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Flow Cytometry, cell isolation protocols and technology and human cell-based assays.
- Background in Immunology assays
- Familiarity with automation, electronic lab notebook
- Excellent organizational, analytical and technical skills are required along with ability to work well within a team environment
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn, strong work ethic, broad scientific interests
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a sense of urgency and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Immunology background
- Experience with human cell-based assay development
- Worked in matrix environment (good team player)
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn, strong work ethic, ability to multi-task
- Experience with immunology assays (MLR,CTL)
- Assay development experience
- Experience with automation systems a plus
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.