Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled research associate with oncology/immuno-oncology experience to join our team at Merck, Boston. Responsibilities include the development and execution of experimental strategies to identify and prioritize new targets, define biomarkers and mechanisms of action and resistance of therapeutic agents, and advancing internal drug discovery programs. An ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with colleagues in the discovery group as well as scientists from different disciplines will be essential.
The specific responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to:
- Independently design, conduct, interpret and report in vitro studies using a wide range of established methodologies.
- Ensure data generated is communicated in a concise, easy to understand manner to the appropriate teams and stakeholders.
- Contribute scientifically to drug discovery research programs, including identification and validation of novel targets.
- Collaborate with members from other functional areas, including medicinal chemistry, biologics, in vivo and in vitro pharmacology and translational sciences.
- Work with external academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations
- Master's degree with a minimum of 2 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry OR A BS with a minimum of 5 years' industry experience
- Deep technical and practical experience in cellular models of cancer and/or immunology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of study reports, presentations and manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Candidate should be competent in standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint)
- Proven record of innovative thinking to propose and champion new ideas and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Experience in the isolation and characterization of immune cells from primary human and mouse tissues, and analysis of these cells for immune-related endpoints (proliferation, cytokine secretion, cell activation markers, cell activation marker analysis).
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- 2D and 3D cell culture, transfection of cells, generation of stable cells lines, application of siRNA, shRNA, CRISPR, drug treatment of cells in culture, medium throughput cell proliferation assays.
- Analysis of gene knockdown and small molecule effects on cells using RTPCR, immunoblot, immunofluorescence, immunopreciptiation, and ELISA.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement