Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist with at least 2 years of industry experience in bioanalytical and biophysical characterization of monoclonal antibodies, Fc-fusion proteins, peptides and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). The selected individual will join the Biologics Discovery group in Merck Boston and will primarily be responsible for developing and performing efficacy assays, epitope binning of early therapeutic candidates using a wide range of biophysical and biochemical methods including BIAcore, Octet, FRET, AlphaScreen, ELISA, MSD etc. In addition, the candidate is expected to take part in bioanalytical characterization of early drug candidates using HPLC/UPLC based methods (SEC, IEC, RP), light scattering methods (DLS, SEC-MALS), thermal stability (DSC) and capillary electrophoresis based methods (cIEF, CE-SDS-PAGE). Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biochemistry or related discipline with 2 years of hands on experience in industry focusing on Biologics.
- Proven track record of developing efficacy assays of monoclonal antibodies and other form biologics candidates using all or any of the following BIAcore, Octet, HTRF, AlphaScreen, ELISA, MSD
- Hands on experience on bioanalytical characterization of biologics using HPLC/UPLC (Waters, Agilent) based methods for SEC, IEC and Reverse Phase (RP) Chromatography to test aggregation status, impurity and charge distribution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to present scientific data in group setting
- Excellent organization to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in projects priorities and meet aggressive timelines
- Committed to working in a collaborative manner across functional areas within matrix organization
- Experience with Lights scattering methods (Wyatts DLS, SEC-MALS)
- Experience in other orthogonal assays to test biologics efficacy (e.g., HTRF, AlphaScreen, ELISA, MSD KinEXA) is a plus
- Thermal stability determination using DSC, DSF and formulation screen to identify ideal storage buffer condition
- Experience in cIEF (by Protein Simple), CE-SDS PAGE is a plus
- Antibody conjugation experience using a diverse method
- Mass spectrometry: Intact mass determination of antibodies and Fc-fusion protein can be an added advantage
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement