Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring an Scientist, to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The primary responsibility of the Metabolic Disease Scientist is to provide technical support for conducting research involving energy metabolism and signaling using cell lines, primary cells, and isolated tissues. The qualified scientist needs to independently execute in vitro and ex vivo experiments, to follow protocols, to troubleshoot problems, and to interpret data and communicate results to their supervisor. A background in drug discovery, cell biology, and metabolic disease models is beneficial for this position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledgeable in cell culture techniques and assessment of functional readouts in response to chemical (e.g., inhibitors, agonists, shRNA, etc.) manipulation of cells and isolated tissues.
- Manage ex vivo tissue sample collection, treatment, and analysis with internal team-members and external CROs.
- Experience in supporting target validation utilizing cells or tissue samples collected from animal models of metabolic diseases (e.g., obesity, diabetes)
- Experience in performing biochemical, cell-based, and tissue-based bioassays using readouts such as ELISA, electro-chemiluminescence, permeability and anabolic/catabolic signals.
- Ability to optimize in vitro assays for reproducibility, robustness and signal to noise ratio.
- Demonstrate good oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to document and effectively communicate results and interpretation of data.
- A strong team player
- BS with at least 4 years of relevant experience OR a MS with at least 1 year of relevant experience OR a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences or relevant Biological Sciences with relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrated understanding and established level of expertise working with cells and isolated tissues is required
- Demonstrated ability to work with cells and tissues derived from the digestive system is preferred
- Established expertise working with in vivo models is preferred
- Ability to simultaneously handle contributions to multiple drug discovery projects is required
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is preferred
- Working knowledge of metabolic disease (e.g., type 2 diabetes or obesity) processes and mechanisms is required
- Knowledge in gut physiology is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to generate and accurately document data is required
- Ability to interpret results, accurately prepare presentations, and clearly communicate findings is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.