The Global Research Group is seeking a self-motivated associate with a proven technical background for the creation, evaluation and initiation of Fermentation-based technologies for application to ingredient production for the food and beverage industry. The successful candidate is expected to provide Subject Matter Expertise that impacts strategy, the identification of technical and business opportunities, and the management of discovery and innovation projects/programs for the sustainable sourcing of ingredients.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the innovation process and will work closely with corporate and regional resources to ensure the innovation pipeline matches the need of the business. This role will work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of External Technology Acquisition, Global Sustainable Procurement, Legal, and Science and Regulatory as well as ingredient and packaging Subject Matter Experts. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Serve as a global subject matter expert for Fermentation-based Technologies including technology/partner evaluations, novel design and improvement of fermentation and related bioprocessing / downstream processing technologies, and development of business rationale and justification.
- Work within a specialized team of scientists to develop optimal discovery and innovation approaches for speed and market advantage to the Company.
- Communicate effectively to peers and management of technical approaches and risk.
- Build internal and external credibility as a global thought-leader in this space.
- Build a pipeline of research opportunities and intellectual property by leveraging external partnerships tied to evolving business needs.
MS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering , Bioprocess Engineering, Process Chemistry, Process Development Science or related field plus +3 years relevant experience.
PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering , Bioprocess Engineering, Process Chemistry, Process Development Science and/or related field highly desired but not required plus a minimum of 1 year relevant experience.Related Work Experience/Expertise:
The Candidate should have a deep understanding in, but not limited to, chemical engineering, industrial fermentation, bioprocessing / downstream process engineering, and techno-economic modeling. Experience with Aspen Plus, PRO/II, or similar chemical engineering process optimization software is desirable. Knowledge in metabolic engineering and microbial (bacterial, yeast) physiology are also desirable. Publications and/or patents in fermentation technologies and/or bioprocessing is also desirable as a demonstration of key fundamental and applied knowledge.Travel Requirements:
Travel up to 15%Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION : Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS : Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER : Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS : Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS : Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
Fermentation Technical Knowledge - Deep technical/scientific knowledge of fermentation fundamentals and end-to-end process to efficiently convert feedstock to ingredient products.
Scale-up and Process Optimization - Understanding and applying knowledge in order to translation POC and bench-scale research to commercial scale. Development of business cases involving techno-economic modeling and alternative technology analysis/evaluation.
Bioprocess and Downstream Purification Optimization - Understanding and applying knowledge in order to develop and improve individual and combinations of unit operations for the purification and processing of fermentation derived molecules.
Communication Complexities: Technical communications with research, development and marketing groups. Must communicate effectively to broad bandwidth to influence strategy and tactics.
Analysis: Your role will be to establish and execute innovative strategies and solutions around business needs.
Innovation: You will be responsible for ensuring technology robustness and reliability for alternative sourcing solutions.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top