This position is responsible for supporting global packaging R&D and packaging commercialization in the area of material surface characterization. Candidates with extensive hands-on experiences using surface analysis techniques (AFM, ATR-FTIR, SEM/EDX, POM, TEM, XPS, XRD, and Raman Spectroscopy etc...); thin film stress measurement techniques, and thin film interfacial strength measurement techniques. Experiences in methods development, validation, and applications; skills in rapid solving of surface-related problems with chemical composition and physical structure characterization using the latest techniques. Experiences in qualitative and quantitative analyses of polymer material, inorganic, organic, biological, and chemical/polymeric coatings are strongly desirable. Expertises in thin film or coating defect analyses are also desirable. Abilities on conducting problem solving/diagnostic and supporting R&D projects are strongly preferred. Ability in acquiring new knowledge and skills and building capabilities in other areas of physical chemistry and analytical chemistry is a plus. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Give direction to and supervise others
- Organize workflow and task schedules
- Develop, validate, and apply methods
- Design experiments and perform testing
- Process and interpret data
- Ensure timely and accurate support
- Write reports
- Build internal and external capability
Responsibilities of this position also include driving cross function collaborations; leading projects; communicating technical findings to stakeholders; developing methods, capabilities and strategies; and providing expertise consultation. Education: Ph.D.
Degree in Material Science, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering. Related Work Experience:
0 to 3 years relevant work experience in research development. Fundamental understanding of surface and coating chemistry preferred. Hands-on experience with surface analysis techniques (AFM, ATR-FTIR, SEM/EDX, POM, TEM, XPS, XRD, and Raman Spectroscopy etc. Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Strong knowledge and skills in material science and material characterization techniques;
- Knowledge and skills in thin film deposition techniques by CVD, PVD, ALD and etc...;
- Hands-on experiences using surface analysis techniques (AFM, ATR-FTIR, SEM/EDX, POM, TEM, XPS, XRD, Raman Spectroscopy and etc...);
- Experiences in methods development, validation, and applications;
- Skills in rapid solving of surface-related problems with chemical composition and physical structure characterization using the latest techniques;
- Experiences in qualitative and quantitative analyses of polymer material, inorganic, organic, biological, and chemical/polymeric coatings;
- Expertise in thin film or coating defect analyses;
- Abilities on conducting problem solving/diagnostic and supporting R&D projects
- Abilities in acquiring, establishing, and applying new capabilities;
- Abilities to lead, collaborate and communicate across functions are essential to this position.
- Abilities to provide technical guidance to external research partners, third party labs, and suppliers.
- Up to 5% travel required
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.