The N. American Coca-Cola Product Development group has an exciting open position located in our Glaceau's Headquarters in New York, NY. The incumbent will be responsible for leading product development initiatives focused on our Enhanced Hydration Portfolio.
The Product Development Scientist IV will be responsible for leading all aspects of new product development from concept to commercialization. This individual will closely work with several cross-functional groups (Marketing, Knowledge & Insights, Technical Operations, Quality, etc.) to lead and influence new product innovation in Retail & Food Service Channels. This position represents a great opportunity for a candidate that is interested in learning extensively about a variety of beverage matrixes and technologies and furthering their career in a global beverage company. FUNCTION SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Responsible for planning, organizing and executing new product development activities to support business growth and continuity. Designs, tests and execute activities/processes to ensure that all cycles of product development process are executed successfully and on time.
- Provides technical leadership and expertise to projects from inception through commercialization and launch. Supports other development projects, operations and related activities as necessary.
- Responsible for creating and managing technical timeline, ensuring product brief is complete and aligned upon, ensures risks analysis is complete and communicated. Executes projects within given timelines to meet desired business objectives (consumer, financial, operational, etc.). Exercises deep cross-functional involvement and alignment with project teams and management.
- Successfully applies scientific, engineering and consumer insights principles in research, formulation, processing and commercialization of beverages.
- Identifies, evaluates and selects new ingredients, developments, trends & technologies in food and beverage industry to guide product development initiatives. Partners with internal and external parties to stay abreast of our consumer's needs and identifies actions plans to address those needs. Drives and leverages internal and external suppliers to deliver ingredient and product innovation.
- Excellent communications skills- concise & precise in thought, verbal, and written skills. Ability to clearly communicate and influence cross-functional teams and Sr. management. Must excel at building and maintaining relationships that motivate others and builds teams.
- Writes detailed and accurate reports for analyses, experiments and projects to support senior management's decision making. Proactively formulates a plan of action with the agreed upon result.
- Deep ability to exercise Critical Thinking and Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills with proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects.
- Develops, maintains and/or validates laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results.
- An advanced degree in chemistry, food science, chemical engineering, or a related field, or a Bachelor's degree with rich, relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience developing and launching products (global beverage or food company experience preferred).
- Demonstrated leadership and team building competencies; strong project management and complex problem solving abilities; excellent communication, human relations, and people management skills; and the ability to be self-directed, forward thinking, and make complex decisions that drive business innovation and performance.
- Extensive Knowledge of flavors, food ingredients, processing, packaging, nutrition, stability testing amongst other skills are important to the success of this role.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top