Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring an Scientist, to be located in Malven, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visithttp://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate will be responsible for the characterization of primary protein structure, the analysis of structural variants and improvement of our current practices. In the lab, the candidate will develop and qualify characterization methods and characterize protein samples using a variety of analytical techniques.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical project support, lead projects, review lab notebooks, present data to technical teams and mentor other scientists
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in a GLP compliant manner, prepare written protocols, reports and SOPs and contribute to regulatory filings
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, analytical chemistry or related field OR a MS with at least 5 years relevant experience is required
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment is required.
- Hands-on laboratory experience with HPLC/UPLC and LC/MS methods for protein characterization is required
- Hands-on laboratory experience with analytical techniques like peptide mapping, intact molecular weight analysis, SEC, cSDS and cIEF is preferred
- GLP experience is preferred
- Documentation practices experience (notebooks, SOPs, reports, protocols, etc) is preferred
- This individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This position may require up to 5% domestic or international travel
- This position will be located in Malvern, PA
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function