Recognized as an expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements. Key Responsibilities
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects and spearhead research and development of new technologies as appropriate. Defines experiments and determines the type of meaningful data required to support evaluation and technical decision , specifically in the areas for heat transfer, Thermodynamics, mechanisms of heat transfer and a broad range of engineering concepts
- Lead and/or develop, and executes significantly complex system projects. Oversees and approves designs in team design reviews. Takes active part in the design of complex modules / sub-modules. Approve qualification results of complex modules
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of significantly complex problems. Oversees and approves research and analysis results. Supports high level / complex physics related application and system issues in the lab and in the field when required.
- Function as specialist for physics/scientists issues , while influencing and utilizing expertise in interfacing with external and internal customers, lead and/or develop and execute system projects, troubleshooting system problems, and defining system specifications and schedules. Regularly interacts with senior managers on matters involving several functional areas, departments or customers concerning projects, operations and schedules. Interactions require the ability to change thinking or gain the acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Reviews and approves system and sub-system requirements and specifications designed by other team members.
- Apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts. Takes an active part in product risk management discussions leveraging his / her expertise and knowledge to influence and drive risk management decisions. Takes an active part in Red-Team groups, leveraging his / her expertise to analyze competitor technologies and assess competitor architectural entitlements.
- Initiates innovative physics/science projects, which extend boundaries of system performance or technology. Leads the selection and management of strategic vendors. Maintains relationships with outside customers of innovation, Universities, Consortia. Leads technological customer engagements driving innovation & development. Meets high level executives on the customer side effecting customer decision making
- Provide mentoring for less experienced physicist/scientists.
- Research new technologies and analyze competition technology. Evaluate new technologies. Plan and execute complex feasibility studies of new technologies and lead the decision making process. Prepare and deliver papers regarding new technologies, share and promote new ideas and capabilities. Plans and executes feasibility studies of complete systems / sub-systems, leveraging new technologies and design concepts. Leads the demonstration of new capabilities and drives the decision making process
- Specialist in the area of heat transfer with a good working knowledge of materials such as Quartz, Ceramics and various metals.
- In-depth knowledge of thermodynamics, heat transfer and a broad range of engineering concepts
- Provide technical expertise to understand the mechanisms of heat transfer, solve complex problems and optimize the design of semiconductor equipment
- Doctorate Degree required
- 5 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.