Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This is a molecular biology position in the Molecular Profiling group, performing gene expression analysis on a variety of platforms to support basic research, preclinical and development activities and translational biomarker work. This high-throughput core lab requires an organized, highly motivated individual who is capable of multi-tasking projects in a collaborative environment.
Job includes, but is not limited to:
- RNA isolation in various tissues/cells from human, non-human primate and rodents
- Gene expression profiling and data analysis on various platforms
- Presenting relevant data to project teams
- B.S/B.A/M.S. in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or molecular biology
- Minimum 3 years work experience in industry or academia
- Knowledge in molecular biology techniques, specifically RNA isolation/quantitation and RTqPCR
- Familiarity with Applied Biosystems, Fluidigm, or other qPCR platforms
- Problem solving skills
- Must have good communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Must have good organization and time management skills
- Experience with data analysis using various statistical software packages as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with computer software: TIBCO Spotfire, Graphpad Prism, Omicsoft, Filemaker Pro, Ingenuity Pathway Analysis, Vector NTI, Sequencher
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement