About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
We are seeking to hire an energetic and collaborative scientist with demonstrated expertise in cellular therapies, cell engineering, and/or T cell immunology to join our team and contribute to exciting research on Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cells.
- Contribute to the overall advancement and success of our allogeneic CAR T research program.
- Engineer, culture, and characterize CAR T cells in vitro to support in vivo mouse and non-human primate studies.
- Interact with research, process development, and analytical teams to optimize allogeneic CAR T cell production.
- Investigate and implement cutting-edge technologies to facilitate CAR T cell engineering and enhance CAR T cell immunophenotype.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest scientific literature relevant to cellular therapies, cell engineering, and T cell biology.
- Organize, interpret, and present results in small and large group meetings.
- Contribute to a dynamic, exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation.
Education and experience
- B.S. degree with 6+ years of experience, M.S. degree with 4+ years of experience
- Degree in biology-related field required; degree in immunology or cell biology highly preferred
- Prior experience with cellular therapies, cell engineering, and/or in the field of immunology highly preferred
- Prior experience in industry preferred
Preferred technical skills
- Isolation of PBMC from buffy coats/leuko paks
- Isolation of T cells from PBMC using MACS/automated cell isolation techniques
- Stimulation, culture, and expansion of primary T cells
- Generation of retroviral/lentiviral vectors and transduction of target cells
- Use of gene-editing technologies such as CRISPR-Cas9 and/or TALENs
- Multicolor flow cytometry
- Intracellular cytokine staining and Cytometric Bead Array
- ELISA and Multi-Analyte Profiling
- Proliferation and cytotoxicity assays
- CDC and ADCC assays
- DNA and RNA extraction
- Proficiency in the use of software to support data analysis such as FlowJo, FACSDiva, GraphPad Prism, as well as Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Proven ability to: work and think independently and creatively; design a well-controlled experiment; analyze results with a keen, critical mind; organize results and generate presentations; present results in small and large group meetings in a clear and organized manner; be an affable and energetic colleague and team player.
Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations, and ability to perform complex data analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Must be willing to work with human blood, blood from non-human primates, retroviral and HIV-derived lentiviral vectors, other viral-based vectors such as adeno-associated virus (AAV), and other agents such as Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Must be willing to follow required biosafety guidelines. Ability to drive and access to a car helpful for travel between buildings, but not required.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.