Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will join a drug discovery team to develop cutting-edge biologics and small molecules for the treatment of prostate cancer. S/he will work in an exciting/stimulating environment across the different stages of preclinical drug discovery (from target ID to preclinical candidate) on projects that include the design, execution and interpretation of studies for the validation and characterization of new targets and therapeutic agents. The candidate will be highly motivated, will show initiative and work independently. Troubleshooting skills are essential. S/he will demonstrate urgency, be organized, and have the ability to work well in a team setting. The scientist will effectively and frequently collaborate with colleagues in the oncology department as well as in the medicinal chemistry and/or antibody development groups, as well as present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate the ability to design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple experiments/projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute on various projects outside of his/her own, and collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions; some experience working with in vivo models is a plus (direct animal handling is not required for this position).
- Keep up-to-date in the literature related to his/her field. Act as an expert resource in his/her scientific field and in related disciplines.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Excellent presentation skills (including clear and professional verbal and written communication) are essential.
- Ability to supervise and mentor Research Associates
Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology, cancer biology or related field with relevant experience OR a B.S. or M.S. degree with at least 6 years of industry experience in cancer therapeutics is required
Relevant cancer research experience is required with a strong track record of publications
Experience in prostate cancer biology and/or tumor immunology is preferred
- A strong background in cellular and molecular biology laboratory techniques is required
- Knowledge of mechanisms of transcriptional regulation in prostate cancer is preferred
- Experience isolating and characterizing immune cell populations from whole blood or tissues and setting up immuno-assays is preferred
- Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
- Experience in drug discovery (i.e.: large or small molecules, PK/PD, understanding of drug properties, assay/model development, lead screening and profiling) is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.