Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist, Pharmaceutics Research in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist working on the Pharmaceutics Research team, you will be empowered to lead technical activities and represent Pharmaceutical Research on a cross-functional team, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Support the transition of novel compounds from Discovery into Development and continued research efforts during the developmental lifecycle of compounds.
- Significant interaction with Discovery Teams, Drug Safety , DMPK and close collaboration with Process Chemistry, Formulation development and Analytical Development to achieve project goals.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Education and Experience:
- Independently designs and executes detailed studies on new development candidates to elucidate fundamental physicochemical properties and behaviors that enable lead candidate selection and downstream CMC development.
- Responsible for significant or sole technical leadership within a project and provides theoretical/conceptual input to multiple projects within the department or Pharmaceutical Sciences Division
- Contributes to a cross-functional Pharmaceutical Sciences team responsible for overseeing API salt and polymorph selection and subsequent development activities
- Develops non-GLP and GLP formulations based on the physical chemical properties of molecules and their route of delivery to support pre-clinical studies.
- Conducts biorelevant in vitro studies to assess potential in-vivo performance/impact of API and drug product during development lifecycle
- Interfaces with individual Pharmaceutical Science colleagues and cross functional project teams to ensure that development activities are consistent with physicochemical properties
- Represents functional area on cross functional teams communicating Pharmaceutics Research activities and milestones
- Participates on Discovery Teams and collaborates with Drug Safety and DMPK to evaluate the developability of molecules in late Lead Optimization.
- Collaborates with Drug Safety to transfer formulations to CRO’s for non-GLP and GLP toxicology studies
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross functional issues
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Supports local and global initiatives which may include leading initiatives or work streams
Knowledge and Skills:
- PhD in Pharmaceutics, physical organic chemistry, pharmacy, or related pharmaceutical science; 0-1 years relevant industry experience
- PhD: Demonstrated mastery of subject or area related to field
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, and determine causes and possible solutions
- Teamwork -- Ability to work well in highly cross functional team environment and across global line functions.
- Communication Skills -Able to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; adjusts communication style as appropriate for the audience; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support authorship of internal technical documents
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Resource Management -Ability to manage one’s time within individual, departmental, and corporate goals and timelines; management of internal and external resources (vendors)
- Technical - strong knowledge of physicochemical and preclinical formulation theory along with experience in multiple analytical techniques (DSC, TGA, HPLC, XRPD, Raman, etc) and proven ability to work in a lab setting
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.