At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care across Therapeutic Areas including immunology, oncology, cardiovascular and metabolism, neuroscience and infectious diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenbiotech.com/for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The PK/PD Scientist primarily supports preclinical and early clinical development of therapeutic biologics across all Therapeutic Areas. As a key player of the BDS team, the position will address critical PK and PK/PD related questions to enable time-appropriate decision-making for early stage biologic programs. The responsibilities of this position also include active participation on pertinent Compound Development Teams (CDTs) and other project teams across all phases of drug research and development.
The scope of this exciting position encompasses:
• Development of mechanism-based modeling and simulation to guide rational human dose projection and dose selection
• Drive for innovation by identifying critical knowledge gaps and leveraging internal/external expertise to address these gaps
• Representation of BDS in cross-functional project teams
• Contribution to the DMPK and Clin Pharm sections of internal and regulatory submission documents for biologics
• Presenting and publishing scientific data at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
• A PhD or Pharm D in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, or Biological Sciences OR a PhD or Pharm D completed by Mach 2017 in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, or Biological Sciences OR a MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, or Biological Sciences with at least 5 years of experience is required
• Extensive experience with quantitative approach in describing PK/PD systems using preclinical and/or clinical data and demonstrated ability to apply quantitative tools to enable rational and efficient drug development are required
• Proficiency in WinNonlin/Phoenix is preferred; NONMEM and/or other modeling and simulation software is required
• Broad experience in mechanism-based PK/PD research of biologic therapeutics is strongly preferred
• Experience in biologics and/or small molecules drug development is preferred
• A strong publications record highly preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.