Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The mission of the Quantitative Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (QP2) department is to apply pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) and modeling & simulation (M&S) approaches to characterize the kinetics of drug absorption and disposition, assess the dynamics of drug effect, and inform dose selection and go/no-go decisions. Primary responsibilities of Scientists (R2) in QP2 include critical data management, analytic support for noncompartmental analyses (NCA), PK/PD and M&S activities. R2 Scientists are expected to contribute to design, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of preclinical and clinical studies. Scientists may also participate in preparation of NONMEM ready datasets and hands-on PK/PD and M&S analyses. R2 Scientists will be required to QC analyses and datasets.
In addition to the responsibilities described above, Scientists demonstrate leadership, communication, and collaboration with QP2 leadership and key functional areas to create an aligned, quantitative framework for impactful decision making on drug development teams. Scientists perform job duties in collaboration with more experienced scientists.. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences or other equivalent degree
- Familiarity with pharmacokinetic principles
- Familiarity with Non Compartmental Analysis (NCA)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight timelines
- Attention to detail oriented
- Proficiencies in written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving
- Ability to work independently on tasks as well as collaborate on teams
- Knowledge of R, SAS or other similar programing language
- Experience implementing Non Compartmental Analysis (NCA) to derive PK variables using PK software
- Experience building NONMEM datasets
- Writing PK reports and performing quality control
- Experience managing data transfer processes and timelines
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement