Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring an Scientist, to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visithttp://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The primary responsibility of the Metabolic Disease Scientist is to provide technical support for conducting research involving in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies of chronic kidney disease. The qualified scientist needs to independently execute in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo experiments, to follow protocols, to troubleshoot problems, and to interpret data and communicate results to their supervisor. A background in renal physiology/pathophysiology, cell and molecular biology, renal and/or metabolic disease models is beneficial for this position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Develop and utilize multiple preclinical in vitro cell models and cell-based assays to evaluate novel therapies to treat chronic kidney disease, diabetic kidney disease, and renal fibrosis.
Perform studies using ex vivo models related to kidney function
Perform in vivo studies with rodent models of chronic and diabetic kidney disease
Support development of preclinical kidney-disease models for reproducibility, robustness and signal to noise ratio
Contribute to strategic planning of drug discovery programs in kidney disease
Demonstrate excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
Effectively document, interpret, and communicate results and data
Highly motivated, a strong team player
- Ph.D or Ph.D./M.D. degrees in life science is required.
- At least 3 years of combined postdoctoral training/industrial experience in renal biology, physiology and/or pathology with publication records is required
- Working knowledge of chronic and diabetic kidney diseases and mechanisms leading to kidney failure is required
- Demonstrated ability to work in the lab with kidney derived cells and tissue is required
- Demonstrated understanding and established level of expertise working with preclinical models of chronic kidney disease or metabolic diseases is required
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is required
- Ability to simultaneously handle contributions to multiple drug discovery projects is required
- Demonstrated ability to generate and accurately document data is required
- Ability to interpret results, accurately prepare presentations, and clearly communicate findings is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function