Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for two Scientists in the Raw Materials Center (RMC) group, located in Skillman, NJ.
The Scientist RMC will be responsible to lead and manage various raw material and packaging component projects for existing marketed including cosmetic, OTC monograph drug products, NDA and Class II Medical Device products in the Consumer Products portfolio. The portfolio includes brands such as JOHNSON'S® Baby, BENGAY®, AVEENO®, CLEAN & CLEAR®, LUBRIDERM®, and LISTERINE®.
The Scientist RMC will conduct and provide support to marketed products for raw material qualifications/packaging component projects, process improvements and trouble shooting of raw material issues at the manufacturing sites. The scope of work may include new or alternate material qualifications, packaging component projects, process improvement, and manufacturing plant support. This individual will coordinate and may execute technical aspects of projects, report metrics, and interact with and/or lead cross-functional teams regionally and globally to implement projects. Additionally, the Scientist RMC will work independently to drive technical resolutions in manufacturing and troubleshoot raw material/product issues under defined timelines. The Scientist will collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Research and Development (R&D), Regulatory, Toxicology, Claims and other functional groups as needed.
The Scientist RMC will:
- Resolve issues with raw materials/products and processes
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Manage and coordinate low and high complexity projects with cross-functional team and SMEs, report metrics, and interact with and/or lead cross-functional teams to implement projects
- Prepare metrics, reports, and memos
- Participate in multi-functional teams to investigate problems, implement resolution, and develop optimized processes
- Candidate must hold a completed Bachelor’s Degree by June of 2017.
- A degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related Scientific/Engineering discipline is required.
- Experience managing projects is required.
- Understanding of cGMPs and current FDA Compliance requirements is preferred.
- Experience in formulation or manufacturing of consumer/pharmaceutical products is highly prefered.
- Experience with consumer products, such as skin care, skin cleansers, hair care, oral care, baby care and/or deodorant products is highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- MS Office (Word and Excel) proficiency and solid presentation skills are required.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment while being an individual contributor is required.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.